Weighing indicators for accurate transmission and display of weight values
With our load cells and industrial scales you can determine weight values reliably and with high precision. In order to be able to use these efficiently in the production processes, the signals must be determined and passed on to the production control system. There are different technologies for this - from weighing transmitters to weighing indicators and weighing controllers. Whilst weighing transmitters are usually located inside control cabinets and are responsible for transmitting the measured values, weighing indicators also have displays on which the weight values are already shown. Weighing controllers can also be used to implement control functions for the automation of weighing processes. On this page we present our weighing indicators in more detail.
Product portfolio of our weight indicators
Weight indicator X3
Weight indicator X2
Weight indicators Combics®
Weight indicator Midrics
Weight indicator Combics® 2 Ex (CAIXS2)
Weighing indicators for load cells
Weighing indicator X3
Among our indicators, the X3 weighing indicator stands out. It has an impressive resolution of up to 120,000 divisions, making it a highly accurate solution. With its large-format and easy-to-read display, it enables a clear indication of the weight values, even in direct light. A notable feature is the scale's convenient and highly efficient "SMART Calibration" theoretical calibration, which can be performed in just one minute without the use of weights.
- Highly accurate indicator with a resolution of up to 120,000 incruments
- Large, easy-to-read display of weight values, even in direct light
- Convenient and efficient calibration of the scale in one minute without weights
- Functionality for remote configuration and remote service via integrated website
- EasyFill® function for single-component dosing of liquids, powders and granulates with configurable setpoint, tolerance and overflow values
- Multiple data interfaces facilitate integration into process control systems and direct connection of a printer or remote display
- Housing suitable for control cabinet mounting
- Ideal in combination with the digital weighing solution Inteco® plus Converter Connexx®
Weighing indicator X2
The weighing indicator X2 has fewer functions than the weighing indicator X3 but it is also less expensive. The weighing indicator X2 is available in a robust aluminium housing for control cabinet mounting and a stainless steel housing for field and table mounting. The LCD weight display is backlit and enables good readability even under difficult conditions. Three freely configurable digital inputs and outputs can control simple process functions. The flexibility of the X2 weighing indicator with various options such as serial and digital interfaces or fieldbus allows easy integration into automation systems.
- Fast implementation with response times from 5 ms
- Easy calibration with weights or mV/V
- Serial interface RS232, RS485 for printer, remote display, Modbus RTU
- 3 digital inputs and outputs each for limit and limit value function
- Backlit, easy-to-read LCD display
- Multiple mounting options for every application
- Optional interfaces Analogue output, 0|4-20 mA, 0-10 VDC
- Fieldbus: Profibus-DP, DeviceNet, Ethernet/IP and Profinet
Everything from one source
We provide you with all components for container and silo weighing from a single source - be it load cells, installation kits, weighing electronics or accessories. We accompany you throughout the entire planning process: from the initial consultation to commissioning and maintenance.
Further information Technical article and webinar
Technical article: How load cells and weighing electronics turn containers into scales.
In today's industrial landscape, system integrators and manufacturers of process vessels are faced with ever-increasing demands for precision, efficiency and quality. Integrating load cells as an original equipment manufacturer (OEM) solution offers these companies a versatile and powerful way to provide process safety to their customers while optimising their own products and services.
Webinar: Loadcell as central heart of weighing
This webinar provides in-depth insights into the portfolio of Load Cells and weighing electronics of Minebea Intec. This will be presented on a practical base by using examples of realized weighing applications to illustrate the benefits of the shown products. Basic introduction about a weighing system in general.
- Introduction of load cells and weight transmitter portfiolio incl. application areas
- Realized weighing applications and benefits of Minebea Intec weighing solutions
Fill level in view, dosing process intact - advantages of our solutions for container and silo weighing
✓ The weighing provides precise and reliable values regardless of the tank shape and the properties of the contents.
✓ Weighing requires no regular maintenance or recalibration and is extremely hygienic.
✓ Container weighing systems are robust and durable.
✓ All components come from a single source, are perfectly coordinated and guarantee optimum performance.
✓ Mechanical and electrical installation and commissioning are intuitive and quick.
✓ With "SMART Calibration", the scale can be calibrated in just one minute without having to weigh down the tank with weights.
✓ Global certifications for custody transfer and Ex applications.
✓ Comprehensive range of data interfaces for connecting the load cells to any process management system.
✓ Remote configuration, operation and monitoring of the weighing electronics via an Ethernet connection.
Best Practices Our load indicators for load cells are already being used successfully by many customers
Mobile weighing for the clean room
The precise and fast weighing of ultrafiltration containers - literally on their way to other production areas - requires a mobile, hygienic weighing solution in the GMP-regulated area.
High-precision weighing solution in hygienic design convinces in the pharmaceutical industry
Different installation heights, compliance with the hygienic design guidelines and absolute weighing reliability as well as reproducible results of the weighing solution presented the system manufacturer Pharmatec with a difficult task.
Precise fish feed weighing on the high seas
With the transfer of fish feed weighing from land to sea, the Norwegian company Aqua Shipping was looking for a new way to optimise the process. Minebea Intec products were brought on board to provide a reliable, precise weighing solution.
A high-precision weighing solution in hygienic design succeeds the pharmaceutical industry
Compliance with the guidelines for hygienic design, absolute reliability of the weighing system and safe application on a mobile system presented the equipment manufacturer Logica Progetti with difficult challenges that had to be overcome.
Weighing indicators for industrial scales
Minebea Intec offers a portfolio of weighing indicators for bench and floor scales. Whether you are looking for a terminal for simple weighing operations or for multiple applications such as piece counting, filling or checkweighing, all weighing indicators feature user-friendly operation and stable design. All terminals can either be flexibly placed near the scale or mounted on the wall or on a stand.
Industrial scales Weighing indicator Combics®
The three indicators in the Combics® series focus on ease of use. The high-contrast display ensures good readability, while the arrangement of the keys according to the application level guarantees intuitive operation. This allows you to choose the right indicator for your application, minimising labour time and loss in the value-added process.
Intelligent software applications
Easy-to-use application programs for versatile applications such as counting or checking cover different weighing tasks. The complete documentation of the entire weighing processes supports your quality management. A comprehensive range of interfaces for connection to your data management system and process control enable optimal connectivity and integration into your system.
Indicator Combics® 1 for simple weighing solutions
- 14-segment display in the display Indicator
Combics® 2 for sophisticated weighing solutions
- 14-segment display in the display
- High-contrast display with LCD, backlit
- Also as an ex-solution
Indicator Combics® 3 for complex weighing solutions
- High-contrast graphic display, backlit
- Supported application packages softkey
- Traffic lights for control applications
Industrial scales Weighing indicator Midrics®
The Midrics®weighing indicator has easy-to-use application programs for versatile applications such as counting or finished packaging control. Two product variants are available:
Midrics® Indicator MIS 1
- Display 20 mm LCD, 14-segment for weighing data, backlit
- Membrane switch, Optional RS232, RS485, RS422, 4-20mA
Midrics® Scale Indicator MIS2
- Display 20 mm LCD, 14-segment for weighing data, bar graph, backlit
- Connection for barcode reader, battery operation
- Optional: RS232, RS485, RS422, 4-20mA, digital inputs/outputs with selectable application programme: weighing, counting, checking, classifying (3 or 5 classes), totalising, net-total, percentage weighing or neutral measurement.
Best Practices Our weighing indicators for industrial scales are already being used successfully by many customers
Minebea Intec supports China in the conversion of heating cost measurement
The Chinese government's decision to introduce consumption-based heating cost billing presented the National Institute of Metrology in Beijing with the task of finding a precise solution for this.
Minebea Intec combines precise weighing results with flexible and mobile design
Mobile scales are an ideal solution for industrial environments that require more flexibility and improved space utilisation in workflows. Minebea Intec combined a high-resolution industrial scale with an indicator to create a flexible, accurate weighing solution.
Dive even deeper into the world of weighing electronics Read our White Paper & How-to Guide
White Paper: Why hygienic design is in focus
In food production, product contamination by micro-organisms such as bacteria or fungi is a potential as well as omnipresent risk. It is therefore important to prevent contamination of all kinds and to facilitate its removal. A multimedia public also raises awareness of the importance of hygienic design. That is why more and more plant and machinery manufacturers, as well as manufacturers of individual components, are taking up this growing challenge.
How to Guide: Innovative, hygienic, precise and easy to install
With the Novego® weighing module, Minebea Intec offers an innovative, hygienic and in many respects insensitive solution for weighing containers. In the free How-to Guide you can find out which features make the weighing module a strong weighing solution for a wide range of applications in the food industry.
What is a weighing indicator?
A weighing indicator is a device used in conjunction with a load cell or industrial scale to measure the weight of an object or substance. The weighing indicator displays the weight in a form that the user can understand, often in kilograms or pounds. It can be used in a variety of applications, from industrial and commercial applications to laboratory applications.
A weighing indicator typically consists of a display that shows the weight and controls that allow the user to control the device. Depending on the model, weighing indicators can offer various functions and options, including tare functions (to equalise the weight of packages or containers), data transfer capabilities (e.g. to connect to a computer or printer), and much more.
How does a weighing indicator work?
A weighing indicator is an important part of a weighing system and works in conjunction with a load cell or industrial scale to measure the weight of an object or substance. Here is a basic explanation of how a weighing indicator works:
- Load cell or industrial scale: the load cell or industrial scale is the physical element on which the object to be weighed is placed. It contains strain gauges or other sensors that measure deformations when weight is applied to the platform. These measurements are converted into electrical signals and transmitted to the weighing indicator.
- Electrical signals: The electrical signals from the strain gauges are transmitted to the weighing indicator. The weighing indicator receives these signals and processes them to calculate the weight of the object placed on the load cell or industrial scale.
- Calculation of the weight: The weighing indicator uses special electronics to convert the electrical signals into weight units (e.g. kilograms or pounds). These calculations are based on the known characteristics of the load cell, including its calibration and its characteristic curve. The result is shown on the weighing indicator display.
- Additional functions: Modern weighing indicators can offer a variety of functions, including tare functions (to equalise the weight of packages or containers), storing weight data, transferring data to other devices (e.g. computers or printers), statistics and more.
What tasks does a weighing indicator perform on an oil rig for example?
A weighing indicator on an oil rig is an instrument used to monitor and control the weight of drilling fluid (also known as drilling mud). On a drilling rig, accurate control of drilling mud weight plays a crucial role in the execution of drilling operations, as it is important to regulate the pressure in the wellbore and ensure the stability of the wellbore wall.
What needs to be considered when reading the measurement results?
The way in which the weight reading on a weighing indicator is read depends on the specific construction and design of the weighing indicator. Our weighing indicators have digital displays that show the measured weight in numerical form. Here are some steps to help you read a weighing indicator:
- Lighting: make sure the display is sufficiently lit to see the numbers clearly, especially if you are working in a poorly lit environment.
- Weight resolution: Check the weight units in which the display operates. This can be kilograms, pounds or another unit. Make sure you are using the correct weight system.
- Stabilisation: Wait until the weight is stable on the display. With many weighing operations, the weight may fluctuate before it stabilises.
- Decimal places: Pay attention to any decimal places on the display. Depending on the resolution of the weighing indicator, you may see weight values with decimal places.
- Tare function: If you have used a tare function to equalise the weight of packaging or containers, note that the display now shows the net weight of the contents.
It is important to note that the instruction manual for the specific weighing indicator you are using will provide valuable information on how to read and use the device correctly. If you are unsure or have any difficulties with the reading, please contact our customer service.
What exactly is the EasyFill application?
EasyFill is a basic software application for single-component dosing of liquids, powders and granulates with user-specific configurable setpoint, tolerance and overrun values. Direct process control is made possible with the aid of the integrated digital inputs and outputs. The control for an efficient and uncomplicated realisation of simple dosing processes is guaranteed by numerous options/interfaces for integration into your production network.
How does the assignment of weighing indicators via IP address work?
There are flexible solutions for assigning the IP address: It is either manually defined by the operator, defined as an auto-IP directly by the weighing indicator or taken over by the assigned DHCP server. If the IP address is not known when the indicator is assigned automatically, the Minebea Intec Indicator Browser included in the scope of delivery enables the user to search for suitable indicators in the network.
How is the weighing indicator X3 operated?
The integrated website provides users with comprehensive functions for weighing processes with the X3 weighing indicator:
- Displaying the device-integrated website by means of IP address in the Internet browser
- Viewing and changing a unit configuration
- Adjustment of a unit according to different methods
- with data from the load cell ("Smart Calibration")
- With weights
- with mV/V
- View and print the entire configuration
- Weight display on the PC screen
- Viewing and reading out the alibi memory and reading out the error memory
- Saving/loading a unit configuration as a PC file
How does the adjustment work?
The integrated "Smart Calibration" function enables efficient adjustment of the silo and hopper scales via PC. Weights are not required for this.